- •The ABSOLUTE BEST bio media available!
- •Long lasting, highly porous ceramic material produces both mechanical and biological filtration
- •Much greater surface to allow very large bacteria populations to colonize
- •Produce clear clean water at a rapid rate by catching floating organic matter quickly
- •Emits FAR infrared rays allowing more oxygen to be dissolved in the water
The Bacteria house is a ceramic that has been heat treated at 1300 degrees Celsius for 60 hours. This tremendous amount of heat causes the ceramic to break its internal bonds thereby creating an extremely porous structure that has a much greater surface to allow very large bacteria populations to colonize.
Due to the large quantities of tiny holes, mechanical filtration is also achieved. Large organic solids and decaying matter are degraded at a far greater speed than conventional media.
One of the key elements of the bacteria house is that it reacts in a seemingly ‘electrostatic’ manner with floating organic matter causing an increase in adhesion rate. This produces clear clean water at a rapid rate. Water in its natural state creates multiple bonds with surrounding water molecules creating a cluster. The bacteria house emits FAR infrared rays that break the bonds of the neighboring water molecules thereby allowing more oxygen to be dissolved in the water.
Best Canister Filter